Monday, November 9, 2009

'Some Pig'

The Pig Photo

Shepherd resident Greg Arnett turns on the lights and fans in one room of his pig barn on Sept. 25 as about 60 pigs scurry around his feet. The barn holds about 1,100 pigs total, all of which were delivered that same afternoon. Each pig was delivered weighing between 35 and 60 pounds. "Every pig will be about 300 pounds in 90 days, give or take," he said. "These are feeder pigs. Each is worth about $250 after all is swaured away. Now that's a pretty penny." (Published on cm-life.com Oct. 4)

This is another single from a photo story I shot for Kent Miller's JRN 422 class in September. It was my first photo story this year, and it is by far my favorite photo class I have taken at Central Michigan University. It's pushed me to grow tremendously. Thanks to everyone in that class and Kent for really pushing right alongside me. If I could, I would take this class again and again.

No comments: