Saturday, September 4, 2010

FEATURE: Butterfly release

100904_ButterflyStandalone02

Lucas Kraenzlein, 9, of Midland waves his net through the air as he wades through chest-high Goldenrod Saturday morning at the Chippewa Nature Center in Midland. Kraenzlein found and captured two Monarch butterflies and one Monarch caterpillar within the first hour of a drop-in Monarch tagging program. "I like to play with bugs and insects, so coming out here to see all the new species I haven't found is exciting. I like to explore and find new things I've never seen before. It's what I live for."

100904_ButterflyStandalone01

100904_ButterflyStandalone03

100904_ButterflyStandalone04

2 comments:

Ryan Stanton said...

Good stuff. What lens did you shoot the caterpillar shot with? Me likey.

Josh Swenson said...

Those are great pictures that you have there! I love how these simple and beautiful pictures can tell us so much. I really have always wanted to be a photographer that could show this kind of joy, but never have had much skill in it. I just need to keep trying. Thanks for inspiring me! www.jwh018free.com