Friday, November 18, 2011

SPOT NEWS: House Fire in Dubois


About 32 firefighters from Dubois and Haysville's fire departments worked to contain a house fire, which resulted in a total loss, early Friday morning on a hillside drive among a bed of trees at 8267 N. 575 E. in Dubois. Homeowner Craig Merkel was transported to Memorial Hospital in Jasper for smoke inhalation, and no other injuries were sustained. The cause of the fire, which started at about 12:30 a.m., was Merkel's wood stove.


No comments: